Musician / Marketer? We might have a job for you!
Marketer by day, musician by night? Would you like to work in a high-pressure yet casual environment, where no two days are the same? This might be the job for you!
We are a musical instrument wholesaler and retailer looking for an Assistant Marketing Manager to join our team, based at our head office in the southern suburbs of Cape Town. The successful candidate will be involved in the planning, implementation, and execution of traditional, digital, and in-store marketing initiatives in the retail and wholesale divisions.
This is a mid-level position, with some skills and previous experience required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in a marketing role
- A marketing or related degree/diploma is essential
- A real working knowledge of musical instruments
- Solid experience in digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Hands-on experience in web and email content management platforms
- Some hands-on experience in copywriting and writing of agency briefs beneficial
- Conceptualising and managing projects end-to-end
- Presentations and engagement with management and stakeholders
- Event management experience
- Managing multiple work streams
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Computer literate with solid competency in MS Office programs,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including spelling & grammar!)
- Valid drivers license
- Being an active musician will be a big plus
- Assist with and facilitate the success of marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Gather and analyse data to support marketing and sales efforts
- Oversee the development of all branding material
- Prepare and facilitate internal marketing communication with all stakeholders (wholesale and retail)
- Liaise with external agencies and suppliers
- Coordinating and executing marketing activities, communications, and projects (across email, social media, web, events, CRM & databases)
- Compiling timelines and managing budgets for marketing activities
- Compiling regular feedback & reports on marketing activities
- B2B and B2C communications (product marketing, press releases, emailings, etc.)
- Coordinating events and workshops
- Artist and industry partner liaison
- Various marketing administration duties
- Quick learner
- Pro-active and self-disciplined
- Detail and deadline oriented
Interested? Send an email with a short cover letter and your CV to: bothner.marketing(at)gmail.com
Please note: This position requires some experience as a musician, and that you are based in Cape Town. Please don’t apply if you don’t meet these requirements.